Center Based Option
Center-Based Early Head Start: Educare of Kansas City
Project Eagle's Educare Center is located at the Children's Campus of Kansas City. Project Eagle opened the center in June 2010. As part of the Educare Learning Network of Educare Centers, the center serves as a model of excellence to illustrate to both the public and private sectors the importance of providing the highest quality outcome-based learning environments for families and their children who are at-risk for school failure.
- Full-day, full-year early education for 132 infant, toddlers, and preschoolers in 12 classrooms.
- Open Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Eight classrooms for infants and toddlers (ages birth to three) where each child is assigned a primary caregiver to assure healthy social and emotional development and a secure attachment to a significant adult.
- Four classrooms for preschoolers (ages three to five) with a strong emphasis on early language and literacy.
- Classrooms are designed to provide healthy, safe, stimulating, and predictable spaces to encourage learning, curiosity, problem solving, exploring, and playing.
- Three teachers in each classroom - a lead teacher with a BA or higher, an assistant teacher with an AA or higher, and a teacher aide with a CDA or higher.
- All teachers receive training in cultural competence.
- Children work with teachers in their home language.
- Healthy meals prepared on-site.
- Natural playground area extends experiential learning outside.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in Educare or any of Project Eagle's services, please call 913-281-2648 and ask for Connections.
Oct 29, 2015