Early Head Start
- Foster the healthy development of children from prenatal care through age three across all areas of development (physical, cognitive, social-emotional,and language).
- Engage parents (mothers, fathers, and guardians) in their role as the primary caregiver and teacher of their children.
- Partner with families to set and make progress on goals across all areas of well-being (health, mental health, self-sufficiency, and education).
- Cultivate and sustain community partnerships within a comprehensive early childhood and family support system of services.
- Implement ongoing effective program design and management.
Project Eagle Early Head Start enrolls families who meet the following criteria:
- Live in Wyandotte County, KS.
- Total household income at or below the federal poverty line.
- Pregnant woman or child less than two years of age living in the home.
- Center-Based Services - Educare of Kansas City: Full-day, full-year early education offered in a state-of-the art early education setting.
- Home-Based Services - Weekly home visits focusing on child development, parenting education, and family support
May 02, 2017